View previous topic :: View next topic  
TattooedWalrus
Earls

re: RaidCall terms of use and changes

Disclaimer: 

The following rules are not meant to off put our community. They are basic, STANDARD community rules you will find generally anywhere and are at the request of not only RaidCall itself, but also some of our community members own concerns. They are not meant to "sap all the fun away" or tell you that you need to act straight up PC or that you cannot still joke around, play around or mess around with friends in RC.

We are merely asking that you be aware of your surroundings and of other people. Everyone wants to hang out, sure... of course, but don't hang out in a channel were some people are trying to game with one another and interrupt them.  Likewise if your in a general chat and forming a group then move to another channel. 

Additionally, there are goals to make VN a premiere RaidCall Channel. I don't know the details on this but it involves following rules specifically to RaidCall's very own TOS. I've marked these below (*). In order to become a premier RC we have to make these known. This doesn't mean omg we can't do this or that or this and we have to act like everything is rated PG anymore. These rules aren't even an issue. No one has crossed any lines concerning these rules, we are simply required to make them known to you. 

So what does this change? Very little. Just know where the line to acceptability based on what channel you are in, and who you are with. Watch the level of guttural behaviors displayed. If the conversation starts turning into something you'd normally have to pay for on a phone-line or a website it's gone too far. To my knowledge this isn't really an issue so there is no reason to make a fuss out of it. Likewise, if you enter a channel and there is a conversation you don't like or aren't comfortable with. Just leave the channel and go to another. We are asking that you don't interrupt groups in group channels, if you are running a group go to one of the group channels. If they are all taken ask for another to be made, or use any available channel there is.

If you have any concerns or questions that this had not answered, please, ask them below. 

Thank you, 

- Cata. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello vikings!

We are Beginning to grow as a community and our RaidCall server is starting to really pick up momentum. With evolution like this, changes will organically need to be made. I would like to make sure that everyone understands that the following terms of use are not in any way a punishment or reprimand of any kind. In fact, the changes are largely due to an opportunity for us to become a "preferred" RaidCall! The details are still being looked at, but if the opportunity arises in the future, this would give us all some very cool perks to our RaidCall that you could all enjoy. There are multiple requirements, most of which we already meet, so making these few changes should be very simple for us. 

These are the following terms of use:

1. No Sexual videos, pictures, novels, links, sexual harassment or uncivilized content.*

(We are all adults here and I trust we all know the "line" that shouldn't be crossed. If you wouldn't say it at the bar, maybe don't say it in RaidCall.)

2. No religion, political or racism topics allowed verbally or text based in the RaidCall. *

3. No multiple accounts.*

4. No commercial advertisement or sales, such as RaidCall accounts or games.*

5. Conversations need to be kept to the channels delegated for their conversation. 

(A simple explanation of this is to be using the game channels for the games you are playing. We do not want a "zerg-fest in one channel. Although having everyone together all the time is amazing, it makes it tough for members to carry on conversation when a group is communicating back and forth about a game they are playing.)

6. Common VOIP etiquette is a must.

(Talking over each other, interrupting, or not giving someone the chance to speak so you can get your thoughts across first, is a common problem with VOIP, but please do your very best to respect everyone's right to speak. Being a VOIP "hog" doesn't look good on anyone.)

Lastly, I would like to thank you all for being as active as you are with our RaidCall. Getting to know everyone has been a huge blessing for me personally, and I know many of you look forward to chatting with each other throughout your day. I will be "pruning" some channels to organize things a bit more, so please do not feel as if you are being punished if a channel is removed that has your name on it! All this is simply for organization and to make new people feel just as welcome as all you original vikings! As changes come up, I will be posting the updates here on this announcement.  

If you have any questions at all about these changes, feel free to poke at me and I can discuss it with you further,

-Walrus

Closeout
Einherjar

Seems easy enough, although I am going to miss White Power Wednesdays.

zephin84

Damn guess I can't promote my Girl Scout cookies sold by strippers KickStarter fund.

Seriously though understandable rules I'm a joker but I'll make efforts not to cross the line just msg me if I go over so I can know to pull back.

Aakek
Einherjar

Well I will speak up cause it was something which bothered me with people piling into a channel which has a group running. Speaking for myself (I know at least one other Viking has a similar issue), I have a hearing problem. Raidcall has no options like Teamspeak or most other voice programs for me to alter your voice (either in volume or other ways). 

What this means? I can not handle lots of people talking all the time. It literally starts become gibberish as I am unable to hear certain sounds which means that I have to figure out what word it could be. With multiple people talking this become progressively more difficult particularly if I am in a group channel doing pve/pvp which means I am unable to understand my group members due to others talking out of context. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    vikingnation Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum