Post new topic   Reply to topic    vikingnation Forum Index -> WildStar Online Division
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
SirBeefie
Viking

re: Wildstar Chapter Leaders - Initial Interests

I'm going to go ahead and throw my hat into this ring.  There is a lot here explaining my long career in MMO gaming and where I have leadership experience in some fashion, particularly from vanilla WoW BG's.  Needless to say I'd be up to take on some roll in a hardcore group for raiding/warplots and BG's.  However straight up death match arena gameplay holds little to no interest for me.

I'm east cost (western PA), 34 years old

Faction - looks like Dominion but I'm ok with either if that changes.

Previous Leading Experience? (Y/N?)

Yes, I ran a weekend 10-man raid group during WotLK in WoW, it ran alongside the main 25 man raid, the guild itself was casual but on the weekend (and nights we didn't have enough for 25 man) I gathered the best of the group and organized the 10 man to do hard modes back when you could run both (I didn't serve as officer as a way to protect guild leadership from drama that can be caused from having to leave people out of the 10 man in a 25 man raiding guild).  Also served as Officer in a minor EQ guild before I joined the leading hardcore raid guild on server.  Will save my PvP leadership experience for the BG section.

Raiding -

I was a member of Fury's Edge (top raiding guild on Morel-Thule server) from Scars of Velios exp till late in Plans of Power (played long enough to get into Plane of Time but wasn't there for Quarm kill).  72 man raiding with no voice chat... imagine that.  Played a Dwarf Cleric that served on CH chain or as main spot healer (people would macro a /tell to me to request heals, I would also watch who was on the RAMPAGE chart to quickly cycle through who would need heals after Boss RAMPAGED, no raid frames back then)... I also brought the beer (in game crafted beer, was a bit of a crafting nut... also had an amulet that let me turn summoned water into beer, a dwarf of true miracles haha).

Most of my WoW raiding career was with a more casual than hardcore 25-man raid guild named Conclave of Sin.

Warplots -

Have yet to experience them in game yet, but I am very interested in the concept of them.

BGS/Arenas -

During vanilla WoW I worked my way up to rank 13 "Warlord" on a troll rogue on Stormrage server.  Because horde was so under populated on Stormrage we had instant Q's so was requiring 16 hour days of non stop PvP towards the end of my run (real life and burn out kept me from High Warlord which would have been another 4-5 weeks of those hours).  During that time I would often lead the main PvP premaid, this meant managing the "waiting list" for spots in the group (and making sure replacements understood they were temps till "so-and-so" got back because they were higher in the honor ladder) and giving voice to our tactics in BG's, especially AB where achieving the 5 cap was important for fast honor turnover, interpreting the flow of battle from the mini-map, ordering groups/individuals to peel off nodes/battles to reinforce other locations where they were needed more.  Leading the top active PvPers on a server in an organized group was the highlight of those days for me and what made old school AB the best BG I've ever played (before the proliferation of 100% mount speed ruined it in BC, slower mount speeds of vanilla made tactical play in AB vital).

Circumstances of life kept me away from hardcore raiding/pvp for a long time but I've been trying to get back into it for a few years now but haven't found the right game or community for it... till now ;)

and I apologize for the word wall.

[Tengarr]
Viking

Update to my post above - the charter for my guild is up now, at http://exile-irregulars.guildlaunch.com/sections/charter

If that's what you're looking for, and it gets a thumbs-up, I'd love to be able to flag my guild as a "Viking Nation chapter" or "affiliate" or w/e, on the site somewhere. 

blankChalice

Let me know if that's the intent and/or if that would get a nod.

Conj94
Viking

Faction: still up in the air... but i am loving the granok

Previous Leading Experience? Y/N? yes i am currently a raid leader of a causal guild in wow.  we raid tue and thur.  most of us would like to do more but dont have the time.  so that will most likely be the raiding schedule in wildstar.  it could change slightly.

Raiding: yes definitely... not as much as i would like but we will be definitely be raiding twice a week.  we are in the US on the east coast.

Warplots: randomly as we could pull one together.

BGS/Arenas: probably when we are on but not raiding or leveling.

im trying to pull some of my current guild into wildstar so i have a foundation to work with. have a few on the hook already.  would love to get some viking cupcakes for the party. viking nation seems like the kind of people i want to get involved with. good players that are actually good people also..... seems like more and more you find one or the other.

thanks guys

Con

[Tengarr]
Viking

As an update -

Things are progressing very nicely with the west-coast / exile / pve guild that I've been getting off the ground. While I've decided to keep the guild as its own entity and not an official VN chapter, I did give the VN site here a plug on my forthcoming blog site that's associated with the exile guild. 

I continue to respect what you've got going on here, and really like the mission statement that's been added to the front page, so I've incorporated a few of those concepts in my own mission for the guild venture.

http://midnight-exiles.ws/

Keep rockin' it.

- Tengaaris from twitch

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    vikingnation Forum Index -> WildStar Online Division All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: